Get Help


Helpful Resources

Getting a Protection Order

If you are being abused, it is possible to seek the protection of the courts in stemming the physical or mental harm you face. The court is obligated under the Domestic Violence Act to grant you a protection or restraining or occupation order if you are being stalked or ill treated. This Jamaica Observer article provides details of how to obtain a protection order.
Read the article


(Emergency Hotline & Crisis Shelter)

WOMAN INC. is a voluntary, non-profit, non-governmental organisation [NGO], dedicated to providing assistance to victims of rape, incest, domestic crisis, sexual harassment at the workplace. and domestic violence.
Address: 4 Ellesmere Road, Kingston 10
Phone: (876) 929-9038
Fax: (876) 926-9418

The services provided by Woman Inc. are not only "day-to-day' – but a 24-hour operation (Kingston only) as it relates to the provisioning of counseling. It operates Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Get more info on Do Good Jamaica

Child Protection and Family Services Agency

The Child Protection and Family Services Agency (CPFSA) Investigates reports of child abuse, abandonment and neglect to determine the best interest of the child, and provides support to children in need of care and protection (those who have been abused, abandoned, neglected or vulnerable due to disability).
Address: 48 Duke Street; Kingston
Phone: 948-6678/948-2841-2

Regional offices:
Kingston & St. Andrew - 40 Duke Street, Kingston | Tel: 948-1145/948-0243
Western Region (St. James) - 4 Kerr Crescent, Montego Bay | Tel: 979-3446/979-1024
Northeast Region (St. Ann) - Lee-Sin Tyre Centre, Windsor Road, St. Ann’s Bay | Tel: 972-2686
Southern Region (Manchester) - Lot 19 Caledonia Mall, Mandeville | Tel: 962-2558

Domestic Violence Act

An act to provide remedies for domestic violence, for the protection of the victim through speedy and effective relief and for matters connected therewith and incidental thereto.
Read the Act